- Salary: $108,492.80 – $131,144.00 Annually USD
Overview whom might APPLY: This place is ready to accept all candidates that are qualified. Wastewater, Teamsters neighborhood 117 internal applicants will get consideration that is first. $1.00 each hour through the base wage will be redirected to the Western Conference of Teamsters Pension Trust Fund.
NEEDED MATERIALS: King county application, employment cover letter and resume
WORKING ARRANGEMENTS: Standard performing hours are 40 hours each week. Candidates must certanly be accessible to work any assigned routine. This place is exempt through the provisions associated with Fair work guidelines Act and it is perhaps not overtime-eligible.
JOB EXPLANATION: The obligations with this category include supervising workers whom monitor, run and keep a wastewater therapy center, conveyance and collection system. Incumbents make sure conformity with appropriate regional, Washington State and federal atmosphere, wastewater and security laws and needs consequently they are accountable for preparing long- and short-term workload, cost management, workers training and gratification management. Job Duties
- Supervise and direct the task of lead, skilled trades, semi-skilled trades for Day Operations team. Supervisory obligations consist of employing, review and evaluate worker work performance and offer constructive feedback; offer mentoring; recommend and/or initiate disciplinary action Arrange, schedule, coordinate, monitor and review the daily work of a team while the long-range preparation and scheduling of a team. Ensure prompt conclusion and quality of work because of the team. Take part in long-range facilities preparation.
- Requisition supplies and equipment, maintain stock, guarantee requisition procedures are followed while making budget decisions.
- Review plans, designs or procedures for the assigned portion of major construction projects with contractors, design engineers, vendors and agency’s construction administration division. Organize, coordinate and provide expertise that is technical long-range unique tasks; offer way to senior staff on special jobs.
- Assist senior staff in scheduling and prioritizing work purchases along with other divisions, divisions and agencies.
- Arrange, schedule and offer training to other people and protect training documents on workers. Review laboratory data and suggest and/or make procedure control choices.
- Coordinate unit, division as well as other agencies’ responses to uncommon occurrences and emergencies; just simply simply take action that is corrective appropriate. Could be in charge of news contact. Ensure adherence to all or any policies, criteria and procedures.
- Work, monitor and control gear and systems utilizing computer that is complex. Be involved in work negotiations and grievance hearings.
- Prepare technical reports of plant operations for submittal to administration and state and federal agencies that are regulatory.
- Assume responsibilities that are operational the lack of the Plant Manager for rotating changes along with other operations.
- Perform the duties for the other classifications inside the Wastewater Treatment Operations show as required.
- Be accessible to exert effort all change schedules, including rotating changes; might be expected to be on standby and/or status that is call-out susceptible to after-hours call-in for uncommon occurrences and emergencies.
Experience, Qualifications, Knowledge, Techniques
- Advanced familiarity with project administration methods and maxims
- Advanced familiarity with the description, function and major components for plant-wide fuel, chlorination, heating, ventilating and atmosphere training, smell control, electric, water, atmosphere and hydraulic systems
- Advanced familiarity with the description, function, major elements, causes for alarms and monitoring taste buds app that is handy remote control system for the gear and systems into the initial, main and additional, solids managing, smell control and/or the collection and conveyance systems
- Advanced familiarity with expertise in the description and purpose of computerized remote and supervisory control systems utilized to regulate, run and monitor a wastewater treatment system that is major
- Advanced familiarity with experience in operating, monitoring, keeping and training regarding the gear and systems within the treatment that is preliminary, main therapy area, additional area, solids managing area as well as in the collection and conveyance system and systems for plant-wide gasoline, chlorination, heating, ventilating and atmosphere training, smell control, electric, water, atmosphere and hydraulic systems
- Advanced Knowledge in interpreting and applying information that is technical plant drawings, technical datasheets, operations and upkeep manuals and laboratory test outcomes
- Advanced Knowledge in keeping and developing a working that is effective with all the public, vendors, contractors, regulatory agencies, downline as well as other workgroups.
- Advanced familiarity with advanced level troubleshooting abilities for complex wastewater therapy systems and operations and complex smell control systems and also to handle uncommon occurrences and emergencies
- Some knowledge within the application of participative workplace company maxims, like the company preparation procedure, the establishment of requirements and feedback, interaction, listening and feedback, conflict resolution, effective group meetings, problem-solving, choice creating and facilitation.
- Some familiarity with buying policies and procedures
- Experience in assisting long- and short-term workload planning, budgeting, training and gratification administration
- Ability in managing written and/or computerized information systems logs that are including reports, lab and procedure information, difficulty reports and work needs.
- Experience into the application of security policies, procedures and methods for restricted room entry, fall protection, risk interaction, recognition and control, dangerous energy control, crisis reaction and evacuation, accident prevention, hearing preservation, preventing right back accidents, breathing security, fire security, division facilities and operations, forklift training, overhead cranes, plant-specific security information along with other department-wide safety information
- Experience in higher level training to satisfy or surpass King County, state and federal laws
- Supervisory abilities to lead, coach and teach; offer direction, prepare and conduct performance evaluations and simply simply take disciplinary actions Communication abilities (oral and written)
- Assessment and skills that are decision-making
Supplemental Ideas LICENSING/CERTIFICATION:
- Washington State License
- Washington State Group III Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator Official Official Official Certification
- Washington State Group IV Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator Official Official Certification
- CPR and medical official certification
SELECTION PROCESS: A process that is competitive is supposed to be useful for this selection procedure. Article on internal applicants includes reviews of performance appraisals, personnel files, internal guide, Benefit Time / Vacation usage logs, etc., before any last offer. Outside prospects will need contacts for sources.
UNION MEMBERSHIP: Teamster Wastewater Local 117 represents this position.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Working at Wastewater Treatment facilities
To get more information about this recruitment, please contact: Rijul BhaskarSenior Human Resource Analystrbhaskar@kingcounty.gov
Closing Date/Time: 6/4/2020 11:59 PM Pacific